Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I just figured something out.

I live in a small town and most of the people I interact with have never lived anywhere else.

I find that I have a hard time getting into where they are coming from, and they don't like my point of view at all.

This is going to be a real problem post peak. I don't trust many people in this town and I may be stuck with them for a while.

This may be the situation for a lot of people who live far from where they grew up.

It's the immigrant's dilemma.

I moved here to Maine when I was around 28, so I missed the period of culture acquisition.

I really don't understand people here at all, and I'm not going to pick it up now.

It's like getting shipwrecked.

I suppose I'll muddle through, but I am never going to be at home here.

No comments:

Post a Comment